Our purpose is to provide our students with the skills and expertise necessary to become employed as qualified, productive Cosmetologists. We know that employers are vitally concerned about the growing need for well-trained professionals in our industry and our objective is to provide the excellent training needed to insure the success of our graduates. This objective is not fulfilled when a graduate merely passes their licensing exam. Our objective can only be fulfilled when our graduate experiences job satisfaction and professional growth. Our four areas of specific objectives are as follows:
- To insure that the student has developed the required eye-hand coordination and practical skills which are necessary for a high level of technical proficiency.
- To insure that the student has a thorough knowledge of the biology of hair and skin, and a professional understanding of the chemical processes used in Cosmetology.
- To insure that the student has a thorough understanding of business management and: a. the economics of a working salon and b. professional ethics, attitude and personal appearance.
- The school will assist with job placement by:
- Maintaining a list of employers with job openings.
- Providing our students with job seeking skills and encouraging placement interviews on site.
- Teaching a thorough program in the skills of job seeking and providing school time for the interview process.
- Providing post graduate job counseling